Can you spot a scam? Read on for some common red flags. Remember, if you feel uncomfortable with a sale, we recommend ceasing communication and contacting email@example.com right away.
Be cautious of...
· sellers that state "shipping only"
· sellers that request you to call & email in order to complete the sale
· buyers that are overseas and using a moving company to receive the item
· buyers that request to send a certified check or money gram
· buyers that offer to pay more than your asking price for your "trouble"
· Never accept a certified check or money gram
· Never rely on an email to verify receipt of an electronic payment
· Always go directly to the source to verify receipt of an electronic payment – It's a good idea to install these apps, such as PayPal, Square & Venmo, on your phone and enable alerts.